Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You can buy birth control pills in nearly all the pharmacies (excluding herbal pharmacies) in Bangkok. Some reputable pharmacies are Boots, Watsons, P&F, Fascino, Siam Pharmacies and the Chulalongkorn University pharmacy. Buying from pharmacies that have air conditioning is recommended since the drugs are better preserved in cooler environments. To consult a doctor for guidance on birth control, the following hospitals and clinics are recommended: Bumrungrad International Hospital (33 Soi Sukhumvit 3, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10110, Thailand, +66 2066 8888), Bangkok Hospital (2 Soi Soonvijai, 7 New Petchburi Road, Bangkapi Khet Huai Khwang, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10310, Thailand, +662 310-3000) or BNH Hospital (9/1 Convent Alley Khwaeng Silom, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10500, Thailand, +66 2 686 2700). The Bangkok Christian Hospital (124 Si Lom road, Silom, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon, 10500, Thailand, +66 2 625 9000) has been suggested as a relatively less expensive option.
- Some birth control pill brands that you can expect to see in Thailand are AnNa, Anteovin, Cerazette, Diane-35, Eugynon, Exluton, Gynera, Jeny-FMP, Lo-Femenal, Logynon, Lyndiol 50, Marvelon 21, Marvelon 28, Meliane, Mercilon 21, Microgest ED, Microgynon, Minulet, Miranova, Nordette-28, Nordette-21, Yasmin and Yaz.
- The contraceptive ring (Nuvaring) is not available in Thailand as of 2017. However, it was imported previously and perhaps will be again in the future.
- Condoms are easy to find in most pharmacies. One restaurant, Condoms and Cabbages, even gives out free condoms (Sukhumvit 12 Alley, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand). Note that Thai condoms run on the smaller side.
- Brands of the birth control shot available in Thailand include Contracep, Depo-Gestin ANB, Depo-Progesno, Depo-Progesta, Depo-Provera, Depo-Medeton, and Noristerat.
- Contraceptive implants are available, with brands such as Implanon, Jadelle, and Norplant.
- Both Mirena (hormonal) and copper IUDs can be found in Thailand. King Chulalongkorn Memorial Hospital (1873, Rama 4 Road., Pathumwan, Bangkok, 10330, +6622564000 has been recommended as a relatively inexpensive place to buy IUDs and have them inserted.