Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You can buy birth control in nearly all the pharmacies (that are not herbal pharmacies) in Chiang Mai. Some reputable pharmacies are Boots, Watsons, P&F, Fascino and Siam Pharmacies. It's also recommended to buy from pharmacies that have aircon since the drugs are preserved in cooler/better environments. While there are some fake pills sold in Thai pharmacies, they tend to be for drugs like Viagra or Cialis. Since birth control is very cheap, it is less likely to be fake. However, if you prefer a more hands-on appointment with a doctor, you can book an appointment.
- Some birth control pill brands that you can expect to see in Thailand are Anamai, Anna, Anteovin, Cerazette, Diane, Diane-35, Eugynon, Exluton, Gynera, Jeny-FMP, Lo-Femenal, Logynon, Lyndiol 50, Marvelon 21, Marvelon 28, Meliane, Mercilon 21, Microgest ED, Microgynon, Mirulet, Miranova, Nordette 28, Nordette 21, Yasmin and Yaz.
- The contraceptive ring (Nuvaring) does not appear to be available in Thailand. It was imported in the past, but this is no longer the case (we talked to Thai pharmacists who confirmed this).
- If you want condoms, they are easy to find in most pharmacies. One restaurant in Bangkok, Condoms and Cabbages, even gives out free condoms (Sukhumvit 12 Alley, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110, Thailand). Note that Thai condoms run on the smaller side. As TravelFish wrote, "But for those who think they might be… well-endowed… you may wish to bring your x-large condoms from home" (Source: Travelfish - What to Bring with You to Bangkok).
- If you want the contraceptive shot, you can find Contracep, Depo-Gestin ANB, Depo-Progesno, Depo-Progesta, Depo-Provera SAS 150mg/ml, Lady Safe, Medeton and Noristerat.
- If you want a contraceptive implant, you can find Implanon, Jadelle and Norplant.
- If you want an IUD, you can find Mirena in Thailand. You can get IUDs inserted at Chiangmai Ram Hospital (Address: 8 Bunrueang Rit, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chang Wat Chiang Mai 50200, Thailand, Phone: +66 53 920 300).