Gynopedia needs your support! Please consider contributing content, translating a page, or making a donation today. With your support, we can sustain and expand the website. Gynopedia has no corporate sponsors or advertisers. Your support is crucial and deeply appreciated.


From Gynopedia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
  • You can get the Hepatitis B vaccine at many sexual health clinics, such as Birth Control Sexual Health Centre.
  • Ontario has an HPV vaccination program: "Ontario now offers vaccination against cancer-causing Human Papillomavirus (HPV) free of charge to all boys and girls in Grade 7. The program is run through school-based clinics by local public health units."[1]
  • If you want Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), you should contact a hospital emergency department or their doctor for treatment. Generally, no appointment is required since patients should be counseled and treated ASAP.
  • Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) is available in Canada. In February 2016, Health Canada approved Truvada as prevention.[2] According to ACT Toronto, "Any doctor can prescribe PrEP. If you have a family doctor that you feel comfortable with, that is a good place to start. There is ongoing testing and medical care required with PrEP, so accessing PrEP through a doctor that you already have a connection with is ideal."[3] CATIE has also compiled extensive resources on PrEP for Canadians, which you can check out here.